Now Hiring an Accounting Assistant/Bookkeeper
If you are interested in joining our team and possess the skills needed, please submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com.
Purpose of the Position:
This position will assist and support the Executive Director in bookkeeping and financial reporting. This includes handling budgeting, purchasing/receiving, donations/grants received, and payables. The Accounting Assistant will work closely with and under the supervision of the Executive Director, and is ultimately responsible to the Board of Directors.
Personal Abilities and Competencies:
- Organization: Skilled with prioritizing tasks and efficiently managing time and resources.
- Communication: Skill in both written and verbal means of communication are vital.
- Financial Management: This person will be reporting on the financial operations of the community center. This person needs to have a good understanding of finances and budgeting.
- Computer Literacy: This person needs to be proficient in using Microsoft Office Suite, particularly Microsoft Word, Outlook and Excel. This position will also involve extensive use of QuickBooks.
Heart for the Community: This person needs to be understanding, patient, kind, and compassionate.
- Prepare and review monthly finance reports, including P&L and balance sheet, and send to leadership.
- Assist in generation of yearly budgets.
- Assist accountant with finance audit and yearly tax preparation.
- Handle invoices billed to The EPICENTER and staff expense forms.
- Manage financial accounts for families in programs including scholarships; prepare statements and mail out.
- Post received donations, grants, and program tuition payments to QuickBooks.
- Write and mail donor acknowledgement letters. Prepare and make bank deposits.
- Reconcile monthly bank statements.
- Maintain general ledger in Quickbooks and edit accounts as needed.
- Track confidential material including financial records and HR forms.
- Coordinate payroll processing and distribute bi-weekly paychecks/paystubs.
- Maintain excellent communication with other staff members.
- Support Executive Director in special projects/other areas as assigned.